Monday, May 1, 2017

Everything We Miss


Stories about love draw me in, anything with love catches my attention. Love is important. Now if you want to read a really surreal comic then pick this one up! Also if you like Adventure Time, the artist creates story boards for the show. The story is quite and eerie one about failing relationships. If this book doesn't tug your heart strings, I'm not sure what will. The story itself is depressing. Failing relationships are never easy and letting go is the worst pain to endure but the story goes from negative to positive. He sends the message that their is still beauty in life, one should not give up due to love. I guess a bigger message is not to rely on others, you need communication and to focus on yourself. There must be balance, this is what really got to me. I feel the author conveyed this story so well, I am assuming due to experience. The author is aware that humans are so caught up with the little things we end up gaining tunnel vision. We never look around us and see he beauty in the world. Yet its hard to see this when you feel like everything is falling apart. Our brains can easily make us miserable, but its not the end of the world. This story is a perfect example of depression, how we can easily lose ourselves. Everyone I feel has experience this one way or another, I feel that we shouldn't have to have things end. It's just unfair. I guess that is just me being selfish. I wish that time didn't matter, everything would just keep going on. The weird creatures that no one seems to notice in the comic represent that we never look around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment